100 pedals of the world’s greatest guitarists.
Stompbox: 100 Pedals of the World’s Greatest Guitarists, is a deluxe celebration of the unsung hero of guitar music–the effects pedal. Stompbox showcases the actual effects pedals owned and used by Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Frank Zappa, Alex Lifeson, Andy Summers, Eric Johnson, Adrian Belew, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Ed O’Brien, J Mascis, Lita Ford, Joe Perry, Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo, Vernon Reid, Kaki King, Nels Cline and 82 other iconic and celebrated guitarists. Book features and structure: 100 Pedals. Featuring interview with the artist and a photos of the chosen pedal. The interview explores the artist’s personal connection to their chosen pedal. The pedal photo receives a full page with the interview on the adjacent page.
5 Editorial Features:
* Fuzzed, Phased & Freaked Out: A Heavy History of the Guitar Pedal
* Thinking Inside the Box: A Pedal Innovators Roundtable
* Fuzzy Drums, Hairy Horns & Silky Keys: Why It’s Okay to Love Guitar Pedals for Everything But Guitar
* Seeing Sound: The Art & Design of the Stompbox
* J’s Big Muff Museum: Lee Ranaldo Talks Pedals With J Mascis
Photographer and Art Director: Eilon Paz Editorial Director: Dan Epstein Editor At Large: James Rotondi Foreword: Ed O’Brien (Radiohead)
514 pages in full color. Hardcover.
24,5 cm X 24,5 cm